Commitment To The Legal Profession and Professional Development
The substance of Insurance Law and Insurance Claims has never been a part time practice or a 9 to 5 job for George. The following reflects his commitment:
- Teaching/Leadership: George has worked as an adjunct Professor teaching Insurance Law at the University of Massachusetts School of Law. In the past, he has taught Insurance Law as well as Life, Health and Disability Insurance Law at the Western New England School of Law.
- George was the 2008 co-chairman of the Health Law Section of the Massachusetts Bar Association.
- Commitment To The Needy: George has provided volunteer pro bono legal counsel and representation to the needy in Massachusetts who are disputing the denial of health insurance benefits through his affiliation with Health Law Advocates. He also served as an Advisory Board Member for that organization. His other past pro bono work has ranged from drafting wills and health care proxies for the poor afflicted by AIDS to acting as a court appointed fact finder in cases of child abuse and neglect.
- George is also a past Chairman and Trustee, appointed by the Governor of Massachusetts, for the Westborough State Hospital where he shared responsibility for overseeing the delivery of mental health services to the Hospital’s patients as well as advocating for patient needs.
- Commitment To Community: George has served as a member and Chairman on his hometown’s School Committee and Board of Selectman.